NEW John Packer Euphonium (3+1 or non-compensating)
We carry the lacquer horn in house. You can order in lacquer or silver finish.
The JP174 is durable non-compensating Bb student euphonium popular with many within the UK education sector. Ideal for progressing players and those looking for a lightweight instrument for young players, the JP174 includes a 4th valve giving access to the lower notes without the extra weight of a fully compensating system.
The JP174 Bb Euphonium is constructed from yellow brass throughout. The instruments features a .661" bore, 11" bell and bottom sprung valves for a smooth and free action. A bell ring is also included as standard, as with all JP Musical Instruments, providing a robust and rigid construction perfect for schools, music services and training bands.
- Model: JP174, JP174S
- Key: Bb
- Bell Size: Yellow Brass 279.4mm (11")
- Valves: Piston 3
- Bore: Large 16.79mm (.661")
- Water Key: Lever 1
- Body: Yellow Brass
- Finish: Lacquer (JP174)
- Finish: Silver Plated (JP174S)
- Lyre Box: Yes
- Mouthpiece: Yes
- Instrument Weight: 3.9Kg (8lb 6oz)
- Weight with case: 9.3Kg (20lb 5oz)
- Box Dimensions: 78x38x57cm (31x15x22.5)
- Boxed weight: 3.58Kg (7lb 9oz)